99.6 percent of new smartphones run either Google’s Android or Apple’s iOS. Both of these smartphone operating systems have evolved over time and included tons of amazing features. One of these features is the ability to take ‘Screenshots’ which is just a picture of your smartphone screen. Newer versions of both Android (Android 4.0+) and iOS have a built-in screenshot functionality which lets you capture your screen and saves the screenshot in ‘Screenshot’ album in the gallery.
Today we will learn how to take a screenshot on both Android and iPhone. The basic Method to take screenshots across all Android devices is same. So it doesn’t matter if you have a Samsung Galaxy or a Google Pixel smartphone, the method is same because both devices would be running Android. However, there might be more than one way to take a screenshot, depending on your smartphone. The same goes for iOS with the exception of iPhone X.
How to take a screenshot on Android Phone
If your device is running Android 4.0+ then you have built-in screenshot functionality. To take the screenshot on your Android device, follow the steps below:
- First display whatever you want to take a screenshot of, on your screen.
- Find the power button and volume down button on your device.
- Now hold down both the Volume Down Button and the Power Buttons at the same time.
- You might notice a quick capture animation, which indicates that the screenshot is taken. Done!
Where is the screenshot saved on Android: You can find your screenshots in a separate album labeled ‘Screenshot’ inside the Gallery.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone
Taking a screenshot on iPhone’s iOS is pretty straightforward and it provides a bunch of extra features such as adding drawing and text to the screenshots, which are not available on Android. To take a screenshot on iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the app or screen, which you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press and hold your iPhone device’s Top or Side Power button, depending on the iPhone model you have.
- After pressing and holding the Power Button, Immediately click the Home button, then release the Top or Side Power button.
- If you are using iOS 11 or newer, you will see a thumbnail of your screenshot in the lower-left corner of your device. You can tap on the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup. You can also press and hold the thumbnail to share the screenshot or swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.
Where is the screenshot saved on iPhone: All your screenshots are saved in the ‘Screenshots’ album, which you can access through the iPhone Photos app by going to albums and tapping ‘Screenshots’.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X
The newest model of iPhone, iPhone X, doesn’t have a home button which is why there is a key difference in taking screenshots on iPhone X. To take a screenshot on iPhone X, follow the steps below:
- Display on your screen whatever you want to take a screenshot of
- Press and hold the Side Power button which you can find on the right side of iPhone X
- Now immediately click the Volume UP button at the exact same time (This is the key difference in iPhone X)
- Your iPhone X’ screen will flash white for a second and you might hear the camera shutter sound if the sound is enabled.
You can now draw or add text on your screenshot. Screenshots are saved in the same location, which is: Photos>Albums>Screenshots.